Why choose Portsmouth Primary SCITT?
- Top 5 teacher training provider in the UK
- 18 years experience of bespoke school based teacher training
- 95%-100% employment for the last 5 years
- Outstanding provider since 2004 (OfSTED)
- 3 year guaranteed allocated places (only 10% of providers have received this in recognition of high quality training)
- Exceptional retention rates (95% of our trainees are still in the teaching profession 5 years later)
- Small cohort which means we can personalise your training
- We also offer School Direct training
- PGCE and QTS (option for Masters credits) validated by the University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth Primary SCITT runs a one year course that qualifies successful trainees to teach either children aged 5-11 years in primary, junior and infant schools (Primary course) or children aged 3-7 years in primary, infant and nursery schools (Early Years course).
Quality opportunities for trainees, teachers and children in Portsmouth leading to excellent education in our city.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
Portsmouth Primary SCITT is committed to the inclusion of all eligible participants, regardless of sex, age, disability, colour, religion or nationality. We welcome applications from minority, LGBT and under-represented groups.
A School Centred Initial Teacher Training course with a Postgraduate qualification validated by University of Portsmouth and Qualified Teacher Status.