Why choose Portsmouth Primary SCITT?
- Top 5 teacher training provider in the UK
- 16 years experience of bespoke school based teacher training
- 100% employment for the last 5 years
- Outstanding provider since 2004 (OfSTED)
- 3 year guaranteed allocated places (only 10% of providers have received this in recognition of high quality training)
- Exceptional retention rates (95% of our trainees are still in the teaching profession 5 years later)
- Small cohort which means we can personalise your training
- We also offer School Direct training
- PGCE and QTS (option for Masters credits) validated by the University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth Primary SCITT runs a one year course that qualifies successful trainees to teach either children aged 5-11 years in primary, junior and infant schools (Primary course) or children aged 3-7 years in primary, infant and nursery schools (Early Years course).
For TRAINING EVENTS or OPEN DAYS please see’How to Apply’ section
Quality opportunities for trainees, teachers and children in Portsmouth leading to excellent education in our city.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
Portsmouth Primary SCITT is committed to the inclusion of all eligible participants, regardless of sex, age, disability, colour, religion or nationality. We welcome applications from minority, LGBT and under-represented groups.
A School Centred Initial Teacher Training course with a Postgraduate qualification validated by University of Portsmouth and Qualified Teacher Status.